PDA

View Full Version : Do you think serious webmasters prefer NATS over CCbill if the product is good?

thickcash_amo
05-24-2013, 09:03 PM
We are considering switching from CCbill to NATS for two main reasons... better stats and more billers in our cascade. Although we like that ccbill handles payouts, I personally hate ccbill stats.

If the product is good, do you believe it makes a difference for serious webmasters whether a program is based on ccbill, nats, mpa3 or custom?

DWB
05-24-2013, 09:51 PM
They attract two different kinds of webmasters. I was part of a project who went from CCbill to NATS and while we gained more webmasters who wanted NATS, to our surprise most of the CCbill affiliates chose not to upgrade. The reason was, "it is easy to get just one check from CCbill from all of my affiliates." Makes sense to me.

Now we're finishing up a new project and some of the guys were given a choice who helped us beta test it to use CCbill or MPAv5, the exact same answer was given. One even went as far to say, "I know ccbill ratios suck for everyone and I will make less money, but it is easier." Shocking, but there it is.

There is something to be said about having all of your checks compiled into one AND knowing you will get paid.

That said, you'll attract a lot more webmasters who won't touch ccbill with a 10 foot poll. So that is why we are opening our new project with two affiliate options. Affiliates can choose what works best for them instead of being forced into one they may not like or use. My two cents, you should do the same if you want to be attractive to more webmasters.

MrDeiz
05-24-2013, 09:53 PM
I knew a few programs which have got exactly the same motivation (webmasters part). They got NATS, but nothing really changed, especially since you are going to stay with ccbill for billing. The only good thing about NATS which matters is that you can get a few more billers aboard with lower scrubbing and fees. You won't get webmasters breaking thru the roof just because you have got NATS.

But if you'd like to get some better interface, traffic analysis, etc - go for it, it's great for that pupouse. But if you do so, you better get a few other billers on board and add Paxum as payment option. Nats is great if you're growing and you know how to handle stuff. If you don't - it won't be your magic wand and won't seriously change the situation.

SeeMyBucks
05-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Hello, based on my experience, Nats is a lot better for many reasons.

1) you can use 4 or 5 billers on cascade.
2) you can track affiliates a LOT better so all sales get credit.
3) nats offers you tons of regional options based on ip.
4) you have more features to do 1 click upgrades and $1 limited trials.
5) As program owner, you have FANTASTIC stats with nats and more.
6) With nats, you can pay with paxum, payoneer, wire, check, etc.
7) You can offer PPS.

I love CCbill, i'm with them since 2007 and still using them. But now we moved to Nats, we also added many other billers to the cascade which is better for our affiliates.

But to setup Nats in a profesional way is REALLY complex. It cost a lot of money, time and energy too.

Paul K
SeeMyBucks.com

:big_boss:

We are considering switching from CCbill to NATS for two main reasons... better stats and more billers in our cascade. Although we like that ccbill handles payouts, I personally hate ccbill stats.

If the product is good, do you believe it makes a difference for serious webmasters whether a program is based on ccbill, nats, mpa3 or custom?

DWB
05-24-2013, 09:59 PM
They got NATS, but nothing really changed, especially since you are going to stay with ccbill for billing.

I don't know why people use NATS (or something like them) but keep CCbill as their primary. IMHO that is silly unless you just want better stats, but you're wasting the power of NATS (or whatever product) otherwise.

DWB
05-24-2013, 10:07 PM
But to setup Nats in a profesional way is REALLY complex. It cost a lot of money, time and energy too.

That is the downside. Unless you're a wiz, the undertaking of setting it all up correctly is overwhelming. And that is probably an understatement. That is where CCbill shines like a diamond.

In another project my partner was the one who dealt with NATS. On this new project we had it installed (I am the one to deal with it) but this and that happened and I just realized it was more than I was able to handle personally and looked into alternatives, where we found the latest version of MPA, which is v5. It is not as robust as NATS, but it is a fantastic middle ground for someone who can't take on NATS alone. To be honest, NATS was over my head but I do see it as an amazing, powerful product, it was just beyond my skill level. MPAv5 fits nice for my skill level and it is easy to understand. I wasn't so keen on earlier versions of MPA, but the latest one is pretty sweet. So we're now going to run a CCbill affiliate program and a MPAv5 program side by side, letting webmasters choose which one they want to use.

thickcash_amo
05-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Hello, based on my experience, Nats is a lot better for many reasons.

1) you can use 4 or 5 billers on cascade.
2) you can track affiliates a LOT better so all sales get credit.
3) nats offers you tons of regional options based on ip.
5) As program owner, you have FANTASTIC stats with nats and more.
6) With nats, you can pay with paxum, payoneer, wire, check, etc.
7) You can offer PPS.

I love CCbill, i'm with them since 2007 and still using them. But now we moved to Nats, we also added many other billers to the cascade which is better for our affiliates.

Paul K
SeeMyBucks.com

:big_boss:

I think this is a big advantage with NATS. I see most of the bigger NATS programs pushing $1 trials in their creatives all over the place these days.

However, $1 limited trials with PPS can also be setup with CCBill too, using their webhooks postback system, depending on your cms.

Paul, do you have many affiliates pushing $1 trials?

klentelaris
05-25-2013, 12:30 PM
There is no better solution,i would say both things have pros and cos.
Nats pros:
1.Good statistic and tools for promotion
2.Multiple cascade
3.Multiple payment ways,can use ccbill to take care of payments
Ccbill pros:
1.One username/pass for everything,and also more secure.If someone get your ccbil user/pass,he wont be able to change payment settings easily like it can do it in nats,unless nats have settings to send verification mail(a lot of programs dont have that)
2.One payment for all sponsors-no minimum payment nonse like on nats based sponsors,even if you get just one sale on some sponsor you will get that money no matter what.

Ideal solution would be if ccbill would integrate something like Nats stats instead current stats system and add debit card as payment option.

tommyosmena
05-27-2013, 05:25 PM
I would agree with SeeMyBucks,Nats is really great for me also.

MrDeiz
06-01-2013, 09:30 PM
I have ordered an article CCBill to NATS migration from an experienced webmaster
Post your questions here to get them covered